Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Favorite Designers

I chose the interior designers and architects I did based on their ability to be different and think outside of the box. They can all design for fancy, expensive hotels, or everyday simple families. They are able to appeal to a wide variety of people. Not everything that they design looks exactly the same, and that is what I like about them. They know how to create elaborate things but also simple things, and they can mix the two to create spaces that are intricate but also very comfortable to live in. My two favorite designers so both of these sides. Marty Mason is the founder of Marty Mason Collected Home, but Patti Hogdson is the director of Interior Design. Patti is actually one of my good friend's mothers and she helped my family as well as her own to design our houses. She thinks outside of the box and uses things that normal families wouldn't use, but that is what is so great about her decorating. She took a ladder and painted it and put it in the corner of a room and made it look like it was meant to be there. She also is able to make a space very comfortable and livable, but she can also be very fancy with her designs. I always look to her for inspiration or to look over my ideas. My other favorite is John Porter & Associates. He mostly designs city scapes or office buildings but what he designs is incredible. I like the way he uses a lot of different materials like glass and stone to create beautiful, interesting buildings. Everything he designs is fun to look at, and I always want to see what he is working on because it never ceases to amaze me. His use of lighting on his buildings makes the buildings come to life even more at night and help the city that they were built in to look more colorful.

John Portman

Marty Mason and Patti Hogdson

No comments:

Post a Comment