Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Personal Style

I would describe my personal style as bold and colorful but not too loud. I also really like to use old wood (obviously) and old iron because its resourceful but it also looks really cool. I really like colors like orange, red, and yellow but I use them minimally with beiges, whites, and grays so there's not too much going on. I like fabrics that have designs on them but not too much design. I have included a picture of my bed right now that shows how I like pops of color and pillows with designs on them but it is also not overly designed and I have a plain bed spread to balance the color of the pillows. I am also really into music so I have posters of my favorite bands with wooden frames around them. I like to display my colorful jewelry on hooks that have flowers, branches or colorful vintage knobs on them. Going along with the theme of wood, I really like fabrics and decorations that have to do with nature, like trees, leaves, animals, and flowers. One of my best friends has a farm house that really expresses my style as well. She has added color to a house made of only white wood. I have also included pictures some of the rooms as well. I feel so comfortable there because its really cozy and out in the middle of nature. In terms of walls and cabinets I really like dark hard wood mixed with brick and stone because I think it looks really warm and homey. I like colors like browns and maroons in rooms because it also gives a warm touch. In living rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms its important to feel comfortable and I believe this type of decor does the trick. I think its fun to get creative with old furniture. I painted an old wooden dresser a light blue and put it in my room at home for storage. It added to right pop of color and was also resourceful. I have a lot of fun making things for myself out of old material. My best words of advice for designing are to not be afraid to add some color but make sure its not overwhelming and also be creative!

1 comment:

  1. Very thoughtful description of design likes as well as details. very nice.
    overall layout of post: for correction - think about the layout of images in context to each other and text. Images should be taken by you. Images need to be edited / styled. Think about collaging the images.

    ReplyDelete