Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Residential Designers

I chose the 25 residential design sites I did based on uniqueness and individuality. A lot of the sites are antique sites that I like to browse through because I like the look of that old-timey style. I also like sites that have furniture, textiles, and lighting that can't be found anywhere else because that is what makes a space special. I chose sites that have a big variety of goods and show lots of pictures and examples of the type of designs they offer. I like to browse through these sites because they give me inspiration for new looks. I chose some modern sites as well, just to help broaden my tastes. I don't usually like modern looks but if I happen to be hired by someone who does, I need to know where to look for pieces. The main two things I looked for when choosing these sites are 1) Do they show lots of examples and am I able to browse each style? 2) Does this site have items that I would not be able to find elsewhere. I also am obviously attracted to items that each of these designers carry. There are some  items that I am not drawn to in each collection, but I like the variety of styles that each displays. When working with a client I need to learn to be flexible, so browsing through a designer's work with a flexible taste is helpful. The most interesting site I found is Graham & Green. They are based in the United Kingdom so a lot of the furniture, lighting, and textiles they offer is very unique. They are able to take materials and items that you would not associate with a specific function, and make them to function in that way with incredible design. Their designs inspire me to be more creative.

Graham & Green

No comments:

Post a Comment