Monday, August 20, 2012

Sidebar Links

The titles, pictures, and descriptions on the sidebar are all links to websites that inspire my interior design, fashion and music choices, and are all beautiful in my eyes. These links can take one to a variety of places: home decor businesses, clothing stores (both online only and actual stores), sites promoting new and old music, sites of local artists and photographers, television network websites, and other social media sites like Pinterest and Youtube. They all have one thing in common though and that is they all represent my design techniques and personal style. I have included pictures of which I got from each corresponding website of things that I have a personal interest in. All of the home decorating ideas, clothes, shoes, accessories, music, and artworks are items that I would purchase or do myself.

My criteria for choosing these websites depends on my feeling towards each category. For home decorating ideas, I chose websites that sell antiques and things that are colorful. I also chose some sites that sell foreign goods because I like the colors, patterns, and materials that come from places like the Middle East. For clothing I chose sites that sell vintage, colorful, and comfortable clothing, but also sells fun modern pieces of clothing as well. My style is simple and laid back but I sometimes add some color or wear an unusual shirt to mix it up a little bit. I chose the music sites I did because I love all types of music and get excited about hearing new artists. Music is a big part of my design also because I like to look at album titles to get ideas for fashion and design and also to use as decoration. I chose YouTube and Pinterest because I look at those sites for inspiration in Do It Yourself Projects. I love to make things myself and be creative with materials I already have, and when trying out new fashion and design techniques, they are helpful tools. The Style Network and HGTV are my favorite channels to watch because they also give me new ideas with cheap ways to be creative or change up a room or outfit. Because I like to decorate so much, I always like getting fresh ideas and also seeing new ways to design a small or large space to make it the best that it can be. I chose Flickr because I love photography. Taking pictures and editing them is a big hobby of mine and I hang a lot of pictures in my room. I like to look at other people's pictures to get ideas from them for pictures I can take on my own. One of my favorite things to do is to discover new restaurants and galleries that have a unique style and design to them. Being from Atlanta, I have gotten the chance to see a lot of well-designed places in the city, so I included an Atlanta city search website so that others can discover them as well.

My two favorite websites that I have included are Urban Outfitters and Pier 1 Imports. My favorite thing to do is buy clothes and decorations so I can show off my style and personality. These two stores are where I like to shop the most because I could literally buy everything in the store. I like them both because they sell and exhibit styles that are not usually found in America, but look more international. They sell patterns, cuts, materials and furniture that not every where in America sells. Urban Outfitters not only offers styles that are trendy but vintage, they also offer edgy and fresh clothes as well. Urban is also all about comfort. These aspects not only apply to my fashion choices, but also my design choices. I love stepping into pier one because every item is so unique and different, however, when paired together correctly with other accessories, is very trendy. I like to get anything from lamps and wall hangings to pillows and plates. Everything that I get from there is colorful, vintage looking, made out of unique materials, and is most importantly useful. All of the wall hangings I have in my room are hooks for holding other things like necklaces, scarves, and purses. This way I can exhibit both fashion and decor at the same time.


Pier One Imports
Urban Outfitters

1 comment:

  1. Again, content is good and thorough, very nice. the links to the right become too much to look at with titles, images and links. Arrange these in a different set up

    ReplyDelete